8/30/12

I'll Praise You in This Storm....


So recently, I've gone through some major, like super duper duper major drama.... and trust me, it was not pretty. Before I left for camp on the last week of July, I told the Lord that I wanted to hear Him at camp, wanted my heart to be softened and to take in what He wanted me to understand. During that week-- amazing!!!! God spoke to me so clearly, it was amazing. The sports, the friendships, everything didn't add up to the feeling I got when I went into the sanctuary... I felt so secure and so happy there, waiting to hear what the Lord was planning for me. So, after camp, I came back home to a major heartache. Got my heart broke by someone {long story, not goin there lol} and it hurt so bad.... I didn't think I'd feel better after that, but ya know, now, I'm smiling more then ever, I'm much happier and I love praising my God... the Lord brought me through this pain like I knew He would.... and He's brought a lil something to me to help me over this hurt, so I'm excited to see what's gonna happen with all that (: This year has been a completely hurtful year... and I've learned that I am gonna praise the Lord in this storm that I'm in.... this is like a tornado-type of storm lol. But I'm gonna keep smiling, praising, and singing to my Lord.... I love Him so much and I'm so happy He forgives and forgets (:

"And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm"
 
-Casting Crowns, "Praise You in This Storm"

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I love this post!!! God has definitely done the same thing in my life recently, a real "wake-up" time spiritually! I'm sorry for the broken hearted times... Hold on to Him and He will bring you through!!!

Brooke Hamelund said...

thanks, Sharon (: don't you love those wake-up calls? (:

Bekah said...

Hey lil sis...I love you...but God loves you even more and has never and will never let you go. <3

Brooke Hamelund said...

thanks sissy (: