9/26/12

Fireproof


Ok, so the title isn't the most creative, but hey, it's straight and to the point ;D Recently, my family and I have been in a Sherwood film kick and we've been watching all four of their movies like crazy (Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous). Well, watching all four of them all together, I officially can say, Fireproof is my absolute favorite, Courageous second haha. I saw Fireproof shortly after it came out, thought it was great, but never really lovedloved it.... til recently.

 
If you don't know what Fireproof is about, well, let me share it with you....
Fireproof is basically about a marriage that's going downhill... a fireman and his wife (a reporter I believe..?) start going through a hard time til eventually she wants a divorce. But, before Caleb will let that happen, he talks to his dad about it and his dad gives him the Love Dare. 40 days of trying to restore the marriage... doing sweet things that are totally opposite of Caleb's character. Through the Love Dare, Caleb recieves Christ as His Saviour. The 40 days get tougher and tougher as the days go by, but he never stops.. no matter how bad he wants to. Around day.... 44 maybe? His wife finds the Love Dare and reads it... then tells Caleb that she'll wait a week on the divorce papers, just so she can think. She finds out that Caleb bought her mom and dad a bed and a wheelchair, goes home crying, finds her ring, then goes to the fire dept to talk to Caleb... they get back together and live happily ever after haha.
 

 
Fireproof is an awesome movie, I recommend you watch it, if you haven't already... Wonderful movie. It gave me my life song, While I'm Waiting by John Waller, which I also recommend you listen to, haha (:  
 
"Never leave your partner behind" <3

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I love all of their movies also. My favorite is "Facing the Giants" with "Fireproof" at a very close 2nd.

Sharon said...

My favorite is Facing the Giants too, Brianna!!!! :D

Bekah said...

I own Courageous and have watched it once...I bawled the entire way through (I miss my dad like crazy!)!!! Haven't watched any of the others yet but hope to soon! :)