9/1/12

I'm waiting....


So, lately I have been learning about the concept of "waiting". What does waiting really mean? Waiting can mean patiently standing by for something to happen ooorrr it could mean serving someone... waiting on, think of a waitor at a restaurant. So, I've been praying to the Lord to help me wait on what He has in store for me...

 
2 years ago, I did something that I realize now how much heartache and how much hurt I must've caused my Lord, my mom, my dad, my siblings.... and I feel bad. The reason I did that? I don't really have one, only I wasn't waiting like I need to... I rushed it, I wasn't listening. I was headstrong, independent and thought that my will was better than God's. I was stubborn and wouldn't listen to anyone, and I thought I knew what I was doing... keyword: thought. Little did I know...... hahaha... So, now, I'm fresh. I'm new... and boy, does it feel great (:
 
 
Waiting..... I'm gonna wait on the Lord, for everything.... it's gonna be tough, yes, but His plan is greater than mine (: I've got something special right now, and I know my girly self is screaming "go! go! go!!!" but ya know what? I'm gonna wait until I know He says it's ok. I'm gonna wait until He tells me it's the right choice. I'm gonna wait on God's will for me, because I want Him to lead me... I don't wanna lead myself... cause I know how terrible at directions I am, so that's not a smart move ;D haha and I also want God's will more than mine (:
 
"I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You, Lord.
And I am hopeful, I'm waiting on You, Lord.
Though it is painful, but patiently, I will wait.
While I'm waiting, I will serve You.
While I'm waiting, I will worship.
While I'm waiting, I will not faint,
I'll be running the race, even while I wait.."
 
~"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller




3 comments:

Sharon said...

Your post is such an encouragement...I know I've made much of the same kinds of mistakes and not waiting on God and...then we fall and realize that His way really WAS best after all. I'm in the same stage you are right now, waiting for direction and even though I am always tempted to be impatient it's a constant thing of just giving it over to Him! Thanks so much for the great reminder!

Brooke Hamelund said...

Aww, thanks Sharon (: and it is tough giving it all over to God... something that I struggle with daily haha! But by His grace, He's gonna have all of it lol (:

Bekah said...

Hey...I love you <3

My mama's favorite quote is: "The only thing worse than waiting on God...is wishing you had." It's true - waiting on Him is the best place to be!

And I need daily reminders of that, so preach it sista!