9/14/12

What Faith Can Do

 

 What is faith? I mean, really? What does faith mean? To me, faith is having that trust so unfailing that nothing can break it. Right now, I'm having great faith in the chair I'm sitting in... this chair IS old, we've had it forever it seems, and I don't know when it'll decide to die haha. You may not realize it, but you have faith in something every day. You put your faith in the car you're driving, or the chair you're sitting in, or the plane you're flying in. It's true. But here's a question for ya-- do you put your faith in the most important PERSON of all? Do you have faith in God? It is tough to have faith in someone, not knowing what will happen, but you shouldn't have that worry with God. He loves you and He's not gonna break your heart. Why be so worried about putting your faith in Him?

 
Do you know what wonderful things will come from putting your faith in God? Just think of all the blessings you'd get by staying in His will and doing His things... Ok, now back to faith. Faith can do such marvelous things if we'd just have faith in God! Why worry about small, unimportant things when you can have faith that God will bring you through it? To me, worry is just basically saying "God, You can't do this." Now, I'm not saying that every time worry is used it means this, but 98% of the time, it means this. Worry and faith shouldn't ever be seen together... When my family and I visited my bro and his wife in Germany earlier this year, I was worried about the airplane ride.... I'm scared of flying. But why did I need to worry? If we crashed in the Atlantic, we crashed.. if we died during the crash, hey, I'll be dancing with my grandma about now. Why did I worry? I don't know.... but I got over that shortly after we took off, I prayed to God, and He basically said "Hey, don't worry. I got this." So the next flights we were on, I put my trust and faith in God and ya know what? I'm not dead in the Atlantic haha. Faith can do so many things and we should realize this. Faith can do such wonderful things, so before you worry next time, put your faith in Someone that can be trusted- the Creator of all.
 
 
On another note.....
 
I got a haircut (:
 
 
 
 
"I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

"It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason
For someone not to try

"Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright..."
 
~What Faith Can Do by Kutless


2 comments:

Bekah said...

1. I LOVE that song.
2. Good post on faith!
3. I like the haircut. :)

Brooke Hamelund said...

1. You can thank a certain someone for getting me hooked on CCM ;P
2. Thanks, I wasn't too sure if it was good or not haha
3. Thanks (: