1/7/13

I Had a Plan....

Ok, here's how it went....
 
I started school last Wednesday, and I had planned for this year, to wake up at 5am to go running. Therefore, I did have a plan. But, since I started school on such an odd day, I told myself: "Self, let's start Monday" And that was my next plan. (E for effort, ok? ;P) So, Sunday, I told my sissy and lil bro about my plan, one laughed and the other said "awesome, me too"... I'll let you figure out who was what lol. So yeah.. my plan for the whole new  year was to wake up at 5am and go running for about an hr. Yay lol. On our way home last night I saw something terrible. Every sidewalk had a HUUUGGEEE wet spot. And living in Illinois, one can assume that it's just water.......... in 16 degree weather.. so that water is actually ice. One can conclude: If I wake up and run at 5am, when 5am has no way of seeing anything but darkness, I'm gonna die.
Ok, well, mostly everyone would conclude that you'd twist your ankle, but knowing me (the clumsiest person living on this planet), I would somehow find a way to break my ankle, kiss the ground, and probably bust open my head... therefore death.
 
Sooooooo......I figured it all out in mee head last night... and just had a question linger in that head. Is running and getting back in shape worth the risk of possible death at age 17? I think not.
Running, you're gonna wait til the spring.
Maybe.
I so need motivation now :/ hahah but hey! I did have a plan...

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Haha! Well first off if you can go from doing basically nothing to getting up and going for an hour-long run then I am totally jealous!!! (Why aren't you commenting on my running blog btw?!) But hey you can always run in the afternoon or something right??

Brooke Hamelund said...

haha running really isn't that hard with me lol and i would comment more on blogs and stuff if i had more time :/ but i will soon! and no, mornings work better with me lol

Bekah said...

I seem to remember your mom and Josh going down the street to a gym or something that was past the park. Is there any possibility of going there?

Brooke Hamelund said...

yeah, but it doesn't open very early :/ I'll probably start going there when it gets warmer.